Members helping Members
For less than $1 per month, you can make a difference in your community.
By simply rounding up your electric bill to the next whole dollar amount each month, you can help out your community. For example, your electric bill is $82.73. If you participate in Operation Round-Up (ORU), your bill will be rounded up to $83, with the extra 27 cents going to the Trico Charitable Trust (TCT).
The TCT is a non-profit organization that assists service agencies and Trico Members in need. The money contributed goes to a variety of worthy causes throughout our service area. Past donations include: food banks, fire departments, schools, youth groups, veteran’s groups and more.
Why contribute to Operation Round-up?
All donations stay local
Average donation of $6 a year
More than $700,000 donated Since 1996
Operation Round-up donations have been used to help:
- Mt. Lemmon Fire purchase an emergency supply kit for pediatric cardiac arrest.
- Marana Unified School District (MUSD) provide backpacks filled with food for low-income families.
- MUSD Family Resource Center purchase toiletries for the Food and Clothing Bank.
- Community Home Repair Projects of Arizona provide emergency home repairs to low-income homeowners in Trico’s service area.
- Interfaith Community Service provide emergency financial assistance for families.
- United Community Health Center purchase books for its Reach Out and Read program.
- Girl Scouts attend camp on Mt. Lemmon.
- Sahuarita, Marana, Arivaca and Sasabe Food Banks purchase emergency food.
- Arivaca Fire District Auxiliary provide volunteers with proper clothing.
- IMPACT of Southern Arizona purchase glasses for at-risk children.
- Mentally Ill Kids in Distress provide family and youth peer support for children with mental illness.
- Junior Achievement volunteers educate Picture Rocks Elementary students.
How can you contribute?
- Round up your bill to the nearest dollar.
- Have a small amount added to your bill. It can be just $1 or $2 a month. Any amount.
- Make an annual one-time contribution of any amount. All gifts are welcome.
No matter which option you choose, your gift is tax deductible.
To sign up, just ﬁll out the form below. Your next bill will reﬂect the rounded-up amount. (You can opt-out of the program at any time by calling Trico's Information Processing Department at (520) 744-2944, ext. 1312.)